Receiving orthodontic work is beneficial to you and your dental health in multiple ways. Not only does this treatment improve the overall function of your smile but boosts its aesthetic appearance too. You’ll be able to feel confident having dinner with friends and talking to someone new without feeling embarrassed.
There are four different forms of braces that patients can receive. They are:
- Traditional braces. These are comprised of a metal framework of arch wires and brackets.
- Lingual braces. These are identical to traditional braces but are installed behind your teeth.
- Ceramic braces.
- Clear aligner therapy. Invisalign is the most popular form.
If you’re worried about your braces being too noticeable, opting for Invisalign or ceramic braces is a great way to go. If you’re curious to learn more about ceramic braces in NE Calgary, we encourage you to get in touch with our local dental clinic.
Prior to receiving any form of dental work, it’s necessary to attend a one-on-one consultation with your dentist or an orthodontist near you. They will discuss your medical background, dental hygiene, and your preferences regarding treatment. Your orthodontist will also perform a thorough assessment of your teeth and gums to identify whether orthodontics is the right course of action for you.
Tips to Prevent Stains on Ceramic Braces
Ceramic braces are a great treatment to consider for multiple reasons:
- Subtleness – In fact, many celebrities have chosen to receive ceramic braces because they blend in with their natural smile.
- Durability – Although metal is the most durable material, ceramic isn’t far behind. High-quality material is used to ensure your braces don’t break or snap.
- Customizable – Using molds, your braces are designed to fit your oral dimensions exactly.
- Don’t damage your enamel.
- Results are acquired quicker than Invisalign – Ceramic braces are essentially just traditional braces, only clear, which means that they’re able to realign smiles quicker and remedy more complications issues than Invisalign, which is best for more minor alterations.
It is good to keep in mind, however, that ceramic braces are susceptible to staining. So, if you do receive ceramic braces near you, you’ll need to practice good habits so that they don’t become stained which, in turn, will make them much more noticeable.
To help you with this, here is a list of things you can do to prevent discoloration:
Tip 1: Brush your teeth after eating! It’s advised you do this at least twice a day, but it’s better if you do it after each meal.
Tip 2: Rinse and floss too. Both these things ensure that no bacteria remain in your mouth after brushing, especially in hard-to-reach areas because a buildup of bacteria can lead to stains.
Tip 3: Don’t smoke. Tobacco is notorious for leaving dark yellow-grey stains on our teeth.
Tip 4: Stay away from consuming certain things, mainly dark-colored food and drink like berries and coffee.
Tip 5: Don’t use whitening toothpaste/strips/gels. While these will brighten the shade of your smile, when the tiny brackets are taken off, the spots they were adhered to won’t have been enhanced and will be noticeable.
Tip 6: Don’t miss your routine checkups. Alongside making sure that your braces are in good condition, your orthodontist in NE Calgary will also swap out your rubber bands, which can become stained easily too. Missing your appointments means you’ll be stuck with darkened bands until the next one in a few weeks.
At Totally Orthodontics, we are here to help you fulfill all your smile goals! No issue is too small or too complex; our staff is extremely skilled and will make sure that your treatment is not only effective but that you are completely satisfied with them.
Are you ready to kickstart your oral health journey with us? If so, don’t hesitate to give us a call, stop by our location at 120A-20 Saddlestone Drive, or pop over to our website to book a consultation when it works with your schedule.
We’re excited to collaborate with you soon!